If you or someone you know has experienced sexual abuse or been subjected to criminal behaviour of a religious woman or man, or an employee or volunteer of a religious congregation, it should be reported to the police. The police have the capability to fully investigate any claims of criminal abuse.

To contact the police in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australian, Tasmania, Northern Territory, the Australian Capital Territory, call 131 444.

To contact the Police in Victoria, call 1800 333 000.

The police can also be contacted by visiting your local police station.

It is also important for a person who has been abused to contact the congregation itself.  The congregation is also required to comply with State laws and will report allegations of abuse to the police and other authorities such as the NSW Ombudsman, Victorian Commissioner for Children and Young People or other regulatory body depending on the State.

The following services can help: